We Can Help
Our Story:Imagine that your 26-year-old daughter has been suffering with life threatening addiction issues for the past 6 years. Your 3-year-old grandchild often stays at your house. Your family has been in constant turmoil and argues about how to help. They accuse you of enabling her. Finally, the day comes when she decides to get help. You are so excited. You start calling local treatment centers for help. She had insurance, but used her benefits last year when she checked into a $30,000 a month facility. Unfortunately, she relapsed 60 days after being there, and she still owes them $10,000 for the deductible. After several calls, you lose hope as everyone turns you down. Dejected, you pray for someone to help your little girl..
About Sober Living America
- 2002, Sober Living America (SLA) was formed as a 501c3 nonprofit, to provide food and clothing (basic needs) to Peachford clients - services which are now provided by community partners.
- 2010, Sober Living America took over the mission of Peachford House.
- 2015 SLA received their first funding ever, a $25,000 grant from the Scott Hudgens Foundation to open their Duluth, GA location.
- 2016 SLA created the “Friends Care” campaign to bring addiction education to college students and the public.
- 2018 SLA opened its 15 center in Spartanburg, SC offering 750 beds and serving over 5,000 individuals annually.
Meet Our Staff
President and Founder
Vice President Operations
Director of Admissions
Vice President Sales & Career Development
New City Development