We Can Help
Our Story:Imagine that your 26-year-old daughter has been suffering with life threatening addiction issues for the past 6 years. Your 3-year-old grandchild often stays at your house. Your family has been in constant turmoil and argues about how to help. They accuse you of enabling her. Finally, the day comes when she decides to get help. You are so excited. You start calling local treatment centers for help. She had insurance, but used her benefits last year when she checked into a $30,000 a month facility. Unfortunately, she relapsed 60 days after being there, and she still owes them $10,000 for the deductible. After several calls, you lose hope as everyone turns you down. Dejected, you pray for someone to help your little girl..
About Sober Living America
- 2002, Sober Living America (SLA) was formed as a 501c3 nonprofit, to provide food and clothing (basic needs) to Peachford clients - services which are now provided by community partners.
- 2010, Sober Living America (SLA) took over the mission of Peachford House.
- 2015, SLA received their first funding ever, a $25,000 grant from the Scott Hudgens Foundation to open their Duluth, GA location.
- 2016, SLA created the “Friends Care” campaign to bring addiction education to college students and the public.
- 2018, SLA opened its 15th center in Spartanburg, SC offering 750 beds and serving over 5,000 individuals annually.
- 2019, SLA grew to 30+ cities, opened Greensboro 2, developed a curriculum for success, and established SLA University for training.
- 2020, SLA opened Texas with Houston and Dallas. Their region grew with Gainesville FL, Indianapolis, IL, Richmond, VA. The SLA Help Center was expanded to a new location.
- 2021, SLA has 1,600+ beds in 35+ cities and continues to grow. SLA opened Ohio with Cincinnati and Columbus, and also opened Dallas 2. SLA has future openings in St. Louis and Indianapolis 2.
Meet Our Staff
President and Founder
Vice President Operations
New City Development
Vice President Sales & Career Development
SLA U Headmaster
Help Center Director